Friday, May 22, 2015

My Silentaire Compressors

My Badger Millionaire compressor I bought $130.00 on EBay went down. It is a repackaged Slientaire 20A, that sells for$650.00 to $820.00.

I contacted Silentaire and was helped immediately. It turns out the auto shut off switch went bad and $100.00 for the part and said they will help me over the phone if I have any trouble.
So, I am still only in for $230.00 bucks; not too bad for a compressor that is as loud as an aquarium pump.

 In the mean time I checked Craig's List for fun and found an Slientaire 480.20 for $199.00. It did not see it on Silentaire's site, so called them to ask about it. It turns out to be an older version of the DR-150 that sells from $750 to $940, so I check it out and grabbed it.


Knowing what to look for, it was in new condition with only a few blemishes on the case the oil looked brand new and it works like a champ. The point of my post is, I see these type of compressors for sale from time to time and if you can pick one up cheap I highly recommend them. Changing the oil once or twice a year is a 20 minute process and you can not beat the only 30-40 decibels of sound they put out. Also, if you can pick it personally, I would recommend that. I believe my first compressor got banged up in transit. I will be putting up a video on the Richter Scale Studios' YouTube channel.


1 comment:

  1. do you know if your model 480.20 is both 230v and 110v? i am about ot grab one bt the guy says its only 230v. can you look to see if yours is dual voltage?

    ReplyDelete